What are the limes benefits? Lemon has the scientific name Citrus aurantifolia Swing. It contains important substances including the skin of the fruit contains essential oils (Volatile oil) consisting of Citral, Imonnene, linadol, linalylacetate cymene, terpineol.
Lemon contains Citric acid and Vitamin C in essential oils such as coumarin, isopimpinellin. And it also contains various nutrients such as carbohydrates, vitamin C, vitamins B1, 2 and 4.
Lemons can be used to treat the initial symptoms of various diseases such as
- Scurvy, lemon juice contains very high vitamin C, so it has the effect of treating scurvy. By drinking lemon juice on a regular basis.
- Cough, sore throat, hoarse voice, use lemon juice mixed with a little salt. The acids contained in lemon juice stimulate saliva to release saliva , causing the throat to moisten. And reduce throat irritation
- Relieve abdominal pain, bloating, indigestion. Using lemon peel Roll out the oil and brew drinking water. Essential oil from the bark will help with stomach pain. And flatulence
- Relieve headache by applying red lime on a half-cut lime. And close the temple area Will relieve headaches
- Solve the fishbone stuck to the neck. By squeezing lemon juice down the neck The acids in lemon juice weaken and loosen the fishbone.
- Solve the head of No, bring the lemon juice mixed with chaff to mask the area at no Will cool and deflate quickly
Other benefits of lemons
Lemon in addition to helping to treat the initial symptoms of various diseases as mentioned above. There are also benefits, such as lemon juice, can be used to flavor foods with a sour taste. And to deodorize fishy, for example, put in chili paste, shrimp paste, tom yum, spicy salad dishes, papaya salad, etc. In addition, it is also used to make lemon juice, plum juice, lemon flavor, lime compote, pickled lemon, eaten as a dessert. Or a snack As for the benefits of beauty Mix lemon juice with turmeric powder, a mask to reduce inflammation of acne well, or the rest of the lemon peel to rub on elbows, knees, nails and heels will help reduce flare and heel cracking.
To make the most of lemon juice. It is suggested that Vitamin C in lemon juice is easily broken down in heat. Therefore it is wise to cook lemonade as the last step in cooking.